share some thoughts

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

baby smell...

There is just something so endearing and lovable about how the top of a baby's head smells. really... their smell is just addicitve.


As a matter of fact... I love to smell my baby niece. it is like some intoxicting perfume that fills up your senses. it is a mixture of baby shampoo... drool, milk, powder and almost always just a hint of spit! I read somewhere that jennifer lopez wanted her perfume to smell like that. I like the smell, but would I like to smell like that? I think not.

I do not know if men experience this also, I mean, I guess a woman's hormones and insincts can affect their perception a bit... I don't think I have ever heard a guy say : mmm.... this baby smells so good!
I guess God has given women these maternal instincts... to be able to love and cherish and care for this very vulnerable creature... whilst also enjoying it immensely. Alhamdulillah.

For every mother out there... Cherish your gift.... and Thank Allah. For every woman who is not a mother and wishes to be (me included)... May Allah grant you your heart's desire... He is the most generous and merciful. Amen

4 Comments:

  • At 4/27/2007 6:04 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    Hi Doshar, never noticed the smell, but do like kids - our current posts are on similar wavelengths.

     
  • At 4/27/2007 12:13 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    You are right, Doshar, babies have a very special and addictive scent. I wish to have babies some day. Still, I am afraid I won't be a good mother (read perfect in every way here :P). I hope I do get the chance to try.

     
  • At 4/28/2007 1:48 AM, Blogger Me said…

    Ameen!
    I love my niece's smell too..it's mesh ma32oul begad... I luuuuuuuurrrrve it!

     
  • At 4/30/2007 12:11 AM, Blogger doshar said…

    hey paul... not kids... just babies! I will check out your post. :)

    Alina, I really think you would be a wonderful mother... don't you worry about it!

    Me... mish kida... btw, would love to hear from you !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home