share some thoughts

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

where is she?

This morning, I went into the balcony to check on my two turtles, Zeina and bondok. At first glance I noticed a flipped turtle (they do that alot) and turned it gently around, to see who it was this time. it was bondok, the male turtle. so where was zeina? l looked around there area for her and she was just not there. just missing. Only bondok by himself. they have a wooden board that closes off their area, so I thought she misht have gotten out from under it. I looked around the balcony, she was no where to be found. I really started to worry, where did she go? where could she have possibly have offed to? She can't climb a wall, or dig or anything. she can not even make a noise. I looked around the house, incase she somehow got in. nowhere to be found.

It is really upsetting to find your pet just missing... pure and simple... vanished into thin air. where in the world could she be. a friend of mine told me that a hawk or some other predator bird could have scooped down and taken her... I had seen that on an animal planet episode, but I thought that just would not happen here in the middle of the city.

and the frightening thought that maybe a bird just came and took her away to EAT her just tears me apart. OMG she must have been so frightened. I do not know yet if that is what happened, I hope not. I hope she had just hid really really well. It feels really bad, did not think I would feel like this over zeina, but I do. I had her for 5 years now, fed her everyday, and kind of knew her well. she had a diferent personality than bndok, she always likes to explore, and poke around, and is not afraid of humans.

she has a very healthy apetite, and loves coming into the house. many times I would open the door to the balcony, and find her standing there, waiting to come in. She sometimes kind of knocks by hitting her shell against the door. It just is a bad feeling in the pit of your stomach, when you hve no idea where she is, and if you are ever going to see her again. I pray she turns out soon. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home