share some thoughts

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Zeina

My dear zeina,

I have no idea where you are now, or whether you are dead or alive. After a day of you going missing, and me looking for you all over the house, I might have to face the strong possibility that a bird has indeed caught you. Alhamdulillah for everything at all times. You were a good pet turtle. I did not think that I would be this sad that you are gone. I never got to say good bye or anything. I know it seems corny about a turtle, but it is true. If I feel this way for a turtle, I can not begin to imagine how a mother would feel if her child God forbid would just go missing, yet it happens. . I do not know how these women cope, except that Allah is with them.

Zeina, I have had you for 5 years, and have fed you almost everyday. I hope I had cared for you well when you were in my care. I hope you did not suffer. I hope you will turn out to be okay in the end, but if not.. I am so sad to lose you, I loved you (though I never really knew it till today, surprised at the tears that flow for you). I can not bear to see bondok alone, so forgive me, I plan to get him another turtle friend soon. You were only a child as turtles go. I think I will remember you always. For now, goodbye.
Doshar

2 Comments:

  • At 5/14/2007 1:19 PM, Blogger Alina said…

    So sorry to hear about your turtle! Pets always become part of one's family and loosing them hurts a lot, i know.

     
  • At 5/14/2007 9:43 PM, Blogger doshar said…

    thanx alina, but good news: I found Zeina! somehow she managed to go to our second storey of the house... and I can not begin to imagine how she got there,.... but Al hamdulillah... She was found!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home